Success at GCSE English (Grades 9-5)
Ensure success at GCSE English (9-5). Feel secure in what top-grade teaching looks like and how this translates into pupil progress.
- Explore GCSE Language & Literature content and improve subject knowledge
- Understand the barriers to learning and the impact on teaching
- Learn how planning and feedback are essential to securing progress
- Discover new ways to monitor and report progress in English
- Take away tried and tested teaching ideas to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in reading and writing
- Capture the imagination of learners with challenging content
- Know how to intervene with maximum impact
- Feel secure in what is meant by ‘outstanding achievement in English’- Grade 8-9
- Use comparative marking techniques to moderate across grades 9-5
- Recognise success in English and the importance of progress over time
There is a particular focus on reading C19th texts, Poetry inc. the unseen and Modern Day texts for GCSE Language and Literature papers.
Delegates will leave with a deeper understanding of how to secure progress and attainment for all learners.
Mia Sneyd is an Educational Consultant and teacher-trainer, specialising in English, Literacy and Teaching and Learning. She has over ten years’ teaching experience, including Advanced-Skills Teacher status and senior leadership experience. As an examiner, Mia knows what is needed to secure success, and continues to deliver a range of national courses, bespoke training and school improvement priorities.
Feedback from teachers on Mia's course
engaging and knowledgeable - a fantastic course.
Really inspiring course. The best English course I’ve ever been on!
Excellent training - very knowledgeable.
Mia has an engaging manner and great style.