Learn how to program and teach using Scratch up to Key Stage 2
Our Primary Programming Computing course is aimed at those wishing to learn how to program in Scratch up to and including KS2. Whether you’re new to teaching computing or looking at how to support other staff in your school, there’s a lot to take away from this workshop. The session is very hands on and practical, you will be able to take away a new found confidence with programming using a range of pedagogical techniques.
What you will gain from this workshop :
- Practical Scratch programming skills enabling you to teach up to KS2 level
- Learn how to teach unplugged programming without a computer!
- Understand a range of practical tools and techniques for teaching programming, including a range of resources
- Demystify the Computing Programmes of Study
- Introduction to numeracy opportunities through Scratch programming
- Be able to plan an Outstanding computational thinking/programming lesson.
Ashley Simon is a Computing at Schools Master Teacher, with experience in middle leadership roles within education. Currently working as a Lecturer within the Institute for Education at Bath Spa University. He specialises in Computing education and teaches on Secondary, Primary and Early Years Initial Teacher Training programmes.