Raising the grade at GCSE Music
This course aims to provide practical, engaging and creative strategies and resources for teaching new Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Music.
What will the course aim to do?
- Explore the new GCSE specification for Music with a focus on Edexcel GCSE Music 9-1
- Consider appropriate and engaging course structures
- Explore ideas for planning and delivering each unit of the specification
- Strategies for revision
- Consider what needs to be done from KS3 and throughout KS4 in order to ensure a strong foundation for further learning
- Provide practical, creative and engaging teaching resources
- Ideas for making music analysis practical.
The course is highly practical and delegates will engage in activities that demonstrate teaching strategies that can secure good outcomes.
Ben Jose is Head of Community Music and lead for Technology in the Arts at the Queen Elizabeth's School in Wimborne Minster, Dorset. He leads regular ITT and CPD training sessions which focus on areas such as behaviour management, assessment, inclusion, differentiation, planning, questioning and use of technology. Ben enjoys researching new ideas and is a keen education blogger. He was featured in The Guardian as one of ten "top teachers" to follow on twitter. (http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/teacher-blog/2014/sep/08/music-teachers-follow-twitter).
Feedback from teachers on Ben's course
An excellent course with lots of really interesting and relevant ideas.
A really great, inspiring day. Thank you very much.
I found this CPD inspiring and useful. Ben provided lots of classroom based ideas which will not take a long time to implement.
I like Ben's straight forward approach and he is very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this course.
I have come away with lots of new techniques to try out and feel inspired again!
A well resourced course with many ideas that I will implement. I have been teaching over 20 years and this was a great wake-up to try some new things.