How to teach maths and computing – together!
Our Primary Computing with Maths workshop is hands on and looks at how you can teach maths using your computing curriculum up to Key Stage 2. You will be able to enrich maths whilst covering key components of the computing programme of study. It’s hands on and aims to build on day-to-day maths teaching whilst putting computing on the agenda in lessons.
What you will gain from this workshop :
- A practical understanding of the synergy between maths and computing
- Be able to plan activities that deliver both Computing and Maths learning objectives
- Understand a range of practical tools and techniques for teaching computing with maths, including a range of resources
- Confidence in being able to teach computing using maths and vice versa!
- Be able to map the national maths programme of study to your computing curriculum.
Ashley Simon is a Computing at Schools Master Teacher, with experience in middle leadership roles within education. Currently working as a Lecturer within the Institute for Education at Bath Spa University. He specialises in Computing education and teaches on Secondary, Primary and Early Years Initial Teacher Training programmes.