Outstanding Middle Leadership
This CPD course for teachers will:
- Deepen understanding of the challenges facing middle leaders
- Look at the ‘big picture’ view of the responsibilities involved
- Cover best practice for success
Session 1: Stepping up to Leadership
- The challenge of a ‘foot in both camps’: leadership v. staff
- Ofsted’s expectations of middle leadership
- The middle leader’s part in the school’s success
- Aspects of leadership: raising standards; accountability; role modelling; ambition for the school
Session 2: Leading Outstanding Practice
- Role modelling outstanding practice in the classroom and around the school
- Building your team: making them outstanding
- Delivering top quality feedback
Session 3: Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
- Learning the ‘assertive way’
- Writing ‘scripts’ ahead of uncomfortable meetings
- Dealing with under-performance in your team
Session 4: Personal qualities for Success
- Knowing yourself: your strengths and areas for development
- Maintaining a work/life balance
All sessions will have a taught element but will be inter-active with plenty of time for discussion.
Lindy Barclay is an experienced, innovative leadership trainer. She has 32 years’ experience of schooling, and as a Deputy, then Headteacher, helped lead her school to four consecutive ‘outstanding’ Ofsteds.
With a balance of inspiration and practicality, Lindy’s training is always effective. Her extensive experience means she knows what works best, and what pitfalls to avoid along the way.
Despite an ever-changing education landscape, Lindy maintains a relentless passion and belief in the power of education to transform lives.