Feedback on the first GCE NEAs in Geography
This one-day course offers a chance to review in detail the first A-level Non-Examined Assessment (NEA) component for summer 2018. David will review both strengths and weaknesses of student performance from summer 2018, using evidence from different Awarding Organisations. The overall aim is to help you understand performance and consider ways of improving it in the future.
In this course, suitable for all GCE Awarding Bodies, David will:
- Review performance in the NEA in terms of expectations and demand, and the implications for fieldwork
- Consider the NEA process, from inception (focus), to putting forward proposals and writing up the investigation
- Highlight strengths and areas that need improvement
- Think carefully about literature research as well as design and methodology
- Consider how best to improve student performance in the coming year.
David Holmes is a geography consultant, author and examiner. In recent years he has been involved in a number of high profile projects for the GA, FSC and RGS as well as working in an advisory capacity for several of the main awarding bodies. He is well known for his clear yet challenging thinking and for his realistic and engaging classroom ideas.
Feedback from teachers on David’s course
Really helpful – wide range of issues and topics covered. Excellent resources.
Enlightening as always, many thanks.
One of the best inset days I’ve ever attended. Very relevant and informative. Great up-to-date information and teaching suggestions.
I recommend this course 100%! Excellent, knowledgeable presenter of very good, helpful information.
Cost: £165 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £199 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.