Reaching for the Top Grades in GCSE Languages
Given the more challenging nature of the new GCSE, the first cohort sitting the new exam was granted ‘grade protection’. Over the next few years, however, grade boundaries will be increasing. How can you best prepare your more able students for the challenge?
This one-day course will focus especially on grades 6-9.
Martine will concentrate particularly on:
- How to interpret the GCSE marking schemes
- How to prepare students for more genuine speaking
- How to boost grammar application skills
- How to prepare students for more creative writing
- How to prepare students for translation tasks
- How to tackle the communication/accuracy agenda
- How to enrich lessons with more authentic resources
- How to provide more effective listening experiences
- How to train students for greater independence.
In her usual fashion, Martine will concentrate essentially on activity styles which:
- demand little preparation;
- are easy to explain to students;
- are readily applicable to a variety of languages and topics.
Martine Pillette is an independent MFL consultant and author and a senior examiner for an international organisation . As well as working with individual schools, she is frequently involved in initiatives aimed at supporting MFL teaching at KS2-5. She is particularly interested in issues of challenge, engagement and skill-based teaching and learning. She is well known for her realistic and engaging classroom ideas.
Feedback from teachers on Martine’s courses
A fantastic day, full of really good ideas ready to use from tomorrow. Thank you.
Excellent, motivating session – as always. Thank you!
Martine’s courses have always been excellent & very informative, giving us ideas and boosting our creativity. A real pleasure! Many thanks.
The second course of Martine’s I have attended – so inspirational – she really understands the challenges of MFL teachers.
Fabulous – especially the specific examples and run-throughs of teaching strategies.
Thank you for such inspirational ideas, I am leaving with lots of new ideas and look forward to sharing them with my team. Great ideas, minimum prep, great theory behind them.
Cost: £165 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £199 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.