How to boost success at Foundation GCSE Languages
The new Foundation GCSE has brought about increased challenge. How can you help more students attain the top Foundation GCSE grades?
This one-day course will concentrate particularly on:
- Lessons to draw from the first new GCSE season
- The challenges to watch out for
- How to avoid the trap of teaching by ‘testing’
- Strategic approaches to the trickier GCSE task styles
- How to deal with the more loosely defined GCSE topics
- Common sense approaches to vocabulary acquisition
- How to make grammar more palatable
In addition, Martine will:
- make references to features of the current educational agenda such as ‘evidencing’, Ofsted expectations, and more;
- draw on recent findings about MFL teaching and learning;
- give advice on how to build a strong foundation for further learning at KS3;
- explore differentiation in the context of mixed-ability KS4 classes.
In her usual fashion, Martine will concentrate essentially on activity styles which are:
- easy to explain to students;
- readily applicable to many languages and topics.
Martine Pillette is an independent MFL consultant and author and a senior examiner for an international organisation. As well as working with individual schools, she is frequently involved in initiatives aimed at supporting MFL teaching at KS2-5. She is particularly interested in issues of challenge, engagement and skill-based teaching and learning. She is well known for her realistic and engaging classroom ideas.
Feedback from teachers on Martine’s courses
Another very engaging session Martine, with lots of really practical ideas to take into the classroom – thank you!
Excellent, motivating session – as always. Thank you!
Martine’s courses have always been excellent & very informative, giving us ideas and boosting our creativity. A real pleasure! Many thanks.
Lots of practical ideas (with very little preparation!!) which can be quickly and easily implemented.
Martine is inspiring. Thanks for so many fab ideas!
Thank you so much – really excellent course, as all Martine’s are!
Martine had a lovely, clear manner and taught us at the perfect pace. She was very enthusiastic and humorous throughout the course, which made it all the more enjoyable. Merci beaucoup!
Cost: £165 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £199 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.