Raising Academic Standards through Outstanding Teaching and Learning
The single biggest contributory factor to a pupil’s
attainment and progress is the quality of teaching; this is even more marked
for disadvantaged and vulnerable students (double the effect size) so the
continued improvement of teaching and learning in schools has to be our number
- With so much information available to teachers what interventions really work?
- Which strategies add the most value and cost the least?
- Which are the most accessible and how do they work, not just in theory, but in practice?
Every course by John Medlicott is highly practical and interactive. Teachers will leave with a clear set of strategies and interventions which they can adopt in their next lesson.
What does Outstanding Teaching and Learning look like?
- Opportunity to view and critique outstanding lesson video material
- What evidence do inspectors use?
- What are the criteria used and what do these actually look like in practice?
- Teaching towards outstanding pupil outcomes and progress
Successfully Improving Attainment and Progress in lessons and over time
- The results are in: top 3 teaching interventions and strategies to improve attainment and progress
- Embedding effective language for learning and metacognition
- Dialogic teaching
- Strategies to develop a Growth Mindset
Personalising the learning experience
- Established best practice in State and Independent schools
- Independent and Flipped learning
- Differentiation and challenge
- Deeper questioning and higher order thinking
This course is suitable for Senior Leadership Team members and Middle Leaders of all key stages.
John Medlicott (@johnmedlicott) is the Director of JMC Education (www.jmcinset.com), having held a number of key academic and pastoral leadership roles in schools and colleges. John still teaches in an Ofsted Outstanding School and has taught for over 20 years. As a teacher trainer & school improvement consultant he works with schools across the UK and internationally. He is regularly graded as “outstanding” by delegates on their evaluation forms. John has spoken recently on challenge and differentiation at a National Conference for Deputy Head teachers and is a regular Keynote speaker and workshop provider in School Leadership and Teaching and Learning.
"Lots of good ideas that I can use tomorrow, exactly what I want from CPD"
Alison Yates, Year Leader, Harlington Upper School
“Excellent ideas for classroom activities”
Ben Burrows, St Paul’s School
Cost: £250 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.