How to be an Amazing English Teacher: Effective Strategies and practical classroom ideas
English teachers are amongst the busiest staff in schools. This training provides some practical, inspiring and useful strategies for busy English teachers looking to become exceptional. It covers a range of proven approaches to inspire and ignite students’ interest in all aspects of English and Literature. These strategies and the reflections in the session will equip teachers to teach great lessons that promote enjoyment, progress and success for all.
This course is suitable for all English teachers across Secondary.
What makes an Amazing English Teacher?
How can we develop, embed and secure these skills?
- Exploring the 5 Es of Amazing English Teachers
- What are your key drivers?
- Practical tips for increasing challenge in the English classroom
- Evaluating our lessons: tweaking to transform practice
Useful strategies for busy English teachers: Inspire that class!
Reading techniques: Make reading riveting
- Engaging techniques for teaching effective analysis
- Make it memorable! Effective ways of revising the examination text
- Unseen texts: approaches that work
- Promoting reading for pleasure
Practical Strategies for Improving writing and engagement
The Write Stuff!
- Vocabulary power: How to develop and increase students’ word power.
- Engagement, active learning strategies related to improving writing skills.
- Getting over ‘I’m stuck.’ How to engage students who struggle to get started.
- Chat to craft: how strategic discussion can develop writing skill.
Caroline Bentley-Davies (@realcbd) is the best-selling author of five books on teaching and learning, including ‘Outstanding Lessons Teachers’ Pocketbook’ and ‘How to be an Amazing Teacher’. She trains in colleges and schools across the UK and overseas. Caroline has examined at both A Level and G.C.S.E. Most importantly, she still teaches pupils on a regular basis. For more information about Caroline please see: www.bentley-davies.co.uk
"I was looking forward to this course and it lived up to its name!" U. Kisloe - KS Coordinator for English Isle of Man
"Perfectly balanced and resourced. Lots to take away." Tim Lowey - St Ninian’s High School
"‘Very enjoyable and a valuable session with practical ideas that I can’t wait to use!" R Moore - Head of English, Castle Rushen School
Cost: £250 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.