Middle Leadership: Making it Outstanding
This CPD course for current or aspiring middle leaders (of any subject) will:
- Deepen understanding of the challenges facing middle leaders
- Look at the ‘big picture’ view of the responsibilities involved
- Cover best practice for success
Session 1: Stepping up to Leadership
- The challenge of a ‘foot in both camps’: leadership v. staff
- Ofsted’s expectations of middle leadership
- The middle leader’s part in the school’s success
- Aspects of leadership: raising standards; accountability; role modelling; ambition for the school
Session 2: Leading Outstanding Practice
- Role modelling outstanding practice in the classroom and around the school
- Building your team: making them outstanding
- Delivering top quality feedback
Session 3: Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
- Learning the ‘assertive way’
- Writing ‘scripts’ ahead of uncomfortable meetings
- Dealing with under-performance in your team
Session 4: Personal qualities for Success
- Knowing yourself: your strengths and areas for development
- Maintaining a work/life balance
All sessions will have a taught element but will be inter-active with plenty of time for discussion.
Lindy Barclay is an experienced, innovative leadership trainer. She has 32 years’ experience of schooling, and as a Deputy, then Headteacher, helped lead her school to four consecutive ‘outstanding’ Ofsteds.
With a balance of inspiration and practicality, Lindy’s training is always effective. Her extensive experience means she knows what works best, and what pitfalls to avoid along the way.
Despite an ever-changing education landscape, Lindy maintains a relentless passion and belief in the power of education to transform lives.
Feedback from teachers on Lindy's courses
An excellent course from an experienced and engaging speaker. I loved how prepared Lindy was - especially reading up on all our schools.
Useful to have reflection time and practise difficult conversations. Excellent to be given ideas for how to start these.
A very good course from an experienced and engaging speaker.
Excellent day, really thought provoking. All leaders should go on this course!
It's always good to have some time to reflect, to meet others in the same situations as yourself and have some honest conversations.
An entertaining and informative course. Good practical ideas.
Cost: £250 per delegate which includes lunch and resources; £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.