Anger Management Strategies for your Students - Webinar
Reducing or even eliminating episodes of anger within school is a key factor for increasing attendance, learning and achievement. Having a consistent behaviour policy is only part of the answer. Being able to help pupils identify their emotional, social and academic needs is the foundation for positive change. With the introduction of anger management strategies that pupils can own and adapt, there is a much greater possibility of creating better outcomes.
- Greater awareness of social, emotional and academic barriers
- Improved understanding of brain functioning with reference to stress and performance hormones
- Developed inter-personal skills to deescalate situations
- Looked at a pre, mid and post behaviour strategies
- Identified a number of strategies for calming and performance
- Optional use of role play learning scenarios
- Takeaway toolkit of video resources
Who is the INSET for:
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
1 Be aware of pupil social, emotional and academic components behind behaviours and brain functioning
- Understand the complex needs of pupils
- Identify the role of hormones in anger such as cortisol and adrenaline
- Identify the role of calming hormones such as dopamine and serotonin
- Introduction to the Amygdala Hijack – warning signs
2 Identify pre, mid and post anger episodes with coping strategies
- Awareness of symptoms and triggers for anger
- Prevention and deescalation techniques
- Reflection activities post anger episode
3 Identified a range of strategies to improve calmness and performance
- Breathing exercises
- Neuro linguistic programming
- Solutions Focussed Therapy including the Miracle Question
- Foundational emotional confidence and resilience
- Mindful meditation
- Awareness of own communication strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction of Chimp mentality – part of the solution or part of the problem?
- Introduction to listening skills
Over the past 30 years, Ross McWilliam has worked in over 1,000 schools and businesses. Through his work in the field of mindsets, he has changed the lives of one million children, young adults, and senior professionals. Ross has demonstrated an unrivalled record of engagement, education and empowerment.
During this time, Ross has developed into a much sought-after international keynote speaker and is a published author on mindsets. Not wanting to rest on his laurels, Ross is currently studying for his PhD.
Ross now specialises in growing the talents of professionals and helps them reach their full potential, either individually, or collectively as a high achieving team. Whether it’s working with the ‘onboarding skills’ of new recruits, or ‘polishing up’ senior executives, Ross achieves results.
He has been described by leading international psychology professor Barry Hymer as ‘a classic growth mindset.’ Ross describes himself as a ‘Pracademic’ ie actively engaging with the audience using a mixture of contemporary research blended with a fierce desire to apply this and make learning relevant.
His specific areas of expertise are Performance Mindsets, Positive Mental Health, Wellbeing & Resilience, Team Dynamics, Leadership Development, Emotional Intelligences, and Emotional Competencies of Resilience, Willpower, Motivation, & Soft Communication Skills.
Ross McWilliam BA (Hons), MSc., PGCE, Dip Man CMI Level 7, Mental Health First Aid England Accredited (MHFA)
Ross’s previous clients include: Institute of School Business Leadership, ICAEW, Cheltenham Head Teachers Conference, Essex & East London School Business Managers Conferences, Blackpool FC • Burnley FC • Blackburn Rovers FC • Fleetwood FC • Airbus • Federation of Small Businesses • East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce • UCLAN Launchpad programme • National Citizenship Service
“Our staff found your anger management course hugely beneﬁcial. The resources that you’ve sent will also be a huge help as we try to embed the strategies that you outlined.”
Emma Rainford, Deputy Head Teacher, Parrs Wood High School, Manchester
Cost: £150 per delegate which includes resources
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.