Challenging the most able pupils in Science
What are the benefits of this Science webinar for your school?
Meet requirements from Ofsted’s report:
- Ensure most able pupils make rapid & sustained progress in Science
- Challenge your able pupils and promote high expectations for all
“Really engaging tutor who clearly knew his stuff”
Sadia Mirza, HOD, Dr Challoners High School
“The most able students were not achieving their potential in over 40% of the schools visited for the survey”
How to develop Higher Order Thinking skills (HOTS), Critical thinking through ideas, evidence & argument in Science
- Enhancing Scientific Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
- Critical thinking and developing argument
- Extending discussion and debate in the Science classroom
- Setting homework that promotes thinking
- Differentiation & Responsive teaching
- Questioning strategies to stretch and challenge learners
Effective ‘stretch & challenge’ strategies and practical activities to transform your classroom
- Transform your lessons to embrace active learning approaches
- Mindsets to promote enrichment
- Self-regulation & independent learning in Science
- Make your pupils work harder than you do!
- Resources and websites for immediate use
This course is £150 per delegate. If booked with Developing a Knowledge Rich Curriculum in Science, the cost is £250 per delegate for both courses or £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking onto both courses.
John Medlicott (@johnmedlicott) is the Director of JMC Education (www.jmcinset.com), having held a number of key academic and pastoral leadership roles in schools and colleges. John still teaches in an Ofsted Outstanding School and has taught for over 20 years. As a teacher trainer & school improvement consultant he works with schools across the UK and internationally. He is regularly graded as “outstanding” by delegates on their evaluation forms. John has spoken recently on challenge and differentiation at a National Conference for Deputy Head teachers and is a regular Keynote speaker and workshop provider in School Leadership and Teaching and Learning.
Cost: £150 per delegate. If booked with 'Developing a Knowledge Rich Curriculum in Science' the cost is £250 per delegate for both courses, or £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking onto both courses.
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.