How to be an Amazing Teacher
This course will be online:-
- Presenters are presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides and activities
- Opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- A copy of the slides will be made available after the course, along with further materials
This is a one day course split over Monday 21st and Monday 28th June; sessions will be 4pm to 6.30pm on both days
This course will allow new and recently qualified teachers opportunities to review key teaching skills, and receive invaluable guidance about how to teach great lessons and inspire pupils. Delegates receive a copy of ‘How to be an Amazing Teacher’
Session 1: Embedding the skills of an Amazing Teacher
- Key concepts for planning great lessons
- Practical strategies for involving all pupils in their learning
- How to ‘own’ the classroom and engage reluctant learners
Session 2: Reflecting and refining your teaching skills
- Top tips on effective behaviour management
- How to challenge pupils in their learning
- Approaches to get pupils to reflect on feedback and learn from their mistakes
Who will benefit?
This course is ideal for new teachers and those that are recently qualified or who are returning to the profession. It is also a lively and practical training for any teachers looking to improve their techniques, refresh their practice and learn new skills. This course is suitable for Secondary teachers, primary teachers, and teachers at FE and HE.
Caroline Bentley-Davies is an independent consultant and an author of 5 best-selling books for teachers. She has led NQT programmes in a Local Authority and been the NQT mentor in several schools. She works inspiring, training and coaching teachers across the country. She still teaches lessons and her training is noted for being very practical.
Feedback from teachers on Caroline's courses
Very relevant! Very good pace. Very informative, reflective and enjoyable!
Absolutely relevant. Thought provoking, challenging and ‘real’.
Caroline was superb. Very useful hints and certainly made me reflect.
Short, sharp session with good takeaways that can be implemented. Fun, energetic and interesting presenter.
Caroline is full of great ideas, both for short term gains and long term strategy. Excellent.
Engaging. Inclusive. Challenging. Excellent presenter.