Questioning for Stretch and Challenge
This course will be online:-
- Caroline is presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides and activities
- Opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- A copy of the slides will be made available after the course, along with further materials
Questioning is a teaching skill that takes place in every lesson, however opportunities to stretch and challenge pupils’ thinking are not always maximised. This webinar carefully blends discussion and recent research on questioning alongside practical teaching strategies for improving challenge in this area.
This course enables participants to gain an insight into what really works and what we can do to ensure that our questioning is the best it can be.
Who will benefit?
The training is suitable for teachers and school leaders from secondary, primary, FE and HE colleges aiming to increase pupil achievement, participation and challenge through effective questioning.
The course will:
- Highlight aspects of key research pertaining to questioning
- Unpick how questioning links to improved stretch and challenge
- Provide thought provoking and practical ideas for improving questioning within the lesson to challenge the more able
- Look at many strategies for increasing the challenge and role of pupils’ questions in your classroom.
Caroline Bentley-Davies has been a middle leader in three schools. She has worked in a Local Authority for five years with a focus on raising achievement, leadership and management. She reviews schools across the UK and overseas. She is the author of several books for teachers including: ‘How to be an Amazing Teacher’, ‘The Outstanding Lessons Pocketbook’ and ‘How to be an Amazing Middle Leader’ which is currently the best- selling book for Middle Leaders on Amazon.
Feedback from teachers on Caroline's courses
Very relevant! Very good pace. Very informative, reflective and enjoyable!
Absolutely relevant. Thought provoking, challenging and ‘real’.
Caroline was superb. Very useful hints and certainly made me reflect.
Short, sharp session with good takeaways that can be implemented. Fun, energetic and interesting presenter.
Caroline is full of great ideas, both for short term gains and long term strategy. Excellent.
Engaging. Inclusive. Challenging. Excellent presenter.
Cost: £150 per delegate
The information will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.