The Ofsted Ready Subject Leader: Preparing for a Deep Dive
This conference will be online:-
- Kat is presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides and activities
- Opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- A short task between the two sessions
- A copy of the slides will be made available after the course, along with further materials
This is a one day course split over Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th June, sessions will be 10am to 12.30pm on both days.
With a renewed focus on the quality of your school curriculum, this one day course will look at how judgements will be informed through the evidence available in your school.
Guiding you through questions and lines of enquiry, this workshop will help you feel prepared and ready to articulate your approach with clarity and confidence.
- To clarify the Ofsted expectations
- Give time to exploring the progress within subjects and how this is monitored in school
- To be prepared for a ‘deep dive’ line of enquiry
- Plan necessary actions that will enable you to self-evaluate with accuracy and approach inspection with confidence
As a subject leader do you know what the new Ofsted framework introduced in September 2019 means for you and your role? There is certainly more emphasis on the curriculum and each individual subject will be under scrutiny. How can you make sure that you are ready? How can you prepare your department/colleagues for inspection?
You may have heard the term ‘a deep dive’ – what does this entail and how can you and your team prepare for this. The day will give you time to draw up a personalised plan.
Session 1 - The Inspection Framework
- Headline changes in the new Ofsted framework
- Unpacking the ‘Quality of Education’ standards
- Intent, Implementation and Impact and Cultural Capital
Session 2 - Your Curriculum
- Progression of knowledge and skills
- Age and stage appropriate learning
- School pedagogy
- Sources of evidence
Session 3 - How judgements are made
- What subject leaders need to know
- Lesson Visits and work scrutiny
- Use of assessment
- Pupil Outcomes
Session 4 - Planning for a deep dive in your school
- Sample questions for subject leaders
- Work scrutiny examples
- Planning for accurate self-evaluation
Kat Kinshaw has been a teacher in London and the South West for 23 years, the last 10 as a Headteacher. Since leading Wells Cathedral Junior School (2010-2014) Kat regularly supports IAPS speaking on Leadership, Assessment, Appraisal, Teaching & Learning and Middle Management. Her career includes Prep and State Headship, LA advisor and MAT Director of Education roles. Kat has a down to earth approach, drawing on research and theory she offers realistic and practical advice to schools on a range of subjects.
Cost: £250 per delegate; £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.