The Perfect SENCO
This conference will be online:-
- Natalie is presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides and activities
- Opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- A short task between the two sessions
- A copy of the slides will be made available after the course, along with further materials
This is a one day course split over 4pm to 6:30pm Monday 14th June and 9:30am to 12:00pm Wednesday 16th June 2021
This course will provide delegates with an opportunity to consider the role of the SENCO as a strategic leader. It aims to support those leading SEND in the school to develop and implement their vision for improving outcomes for children and young people. The course will provide an opportunity for delegates to share practical approaches and good practice in planning and developing effective provision for pupils with SEND across their school.
The course will cover:
- The national picture of SEND
- Developing strategic direction and planning
- Coordinating SEND provision
- Prioritising the development of Inclusive High Quality Teaching
- Implementing the Assess, Plan, Do, Review Process
- Leading a team and supporting colleagues
- Evaluating the impact of provision on pupil outcomes
- Developing the skills essential for the SENCO role.
This course is suitable for primary and secondary SENCOs or aspiring SENCOs, Inclusion Coordinators and other leaders with a strategic responsibility for SEND in their school.
Natalie Packer is an Independent Education Consultant, specialising in SEN and school improvement. She develops and delivers a wide range of training and support to schools and regularly carries out SEN reviews. Natalie is an Associate Consultant for nasen and a consultant governor for a large 4-18 school in Dubai. She is also a trustee of Learn-AT multi-academy trust in the East Midlands.
Natalie regularly contributes to online SEN articles and webinars and is the author of The Perfect SENCO and The Teachers's Guide to SEN.
Feedback from teachers on Natalie's courses
Very informative and useful course. Information delivered in a clear and logical way.
Excellent day. Natalie was extremely informative. Lots of very useful information.
Really practical/strategies that take into account time pressures on SENCOs.
I imagined myself to know a lot about the role but I've learned so much today about strategic planning and can go back to school with lots of new ideas. Thank you!
Cost: £250 per delegate; £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking on this course
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.