Developing a Knowledge Rich Curriculum in Science
What are the benefits of this Science webinar for your school?
Meet requirements from Ofsted’s report:
- Develop a knowledge rich challenging Science curriculum
- Challenge your able pupils and promote high expectations for all
“Really engaging tutor who clearly knew his stuff”
Sadia Mirza, HOD, Dr Challoners High School
Brief overview of the changes to the Ofsted Framework for 2019 & their implications for Science departments
- Impact of the Ofsted trials for Science
- Really understanding what a ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’ looks like in Science
Lessons in Curriculum Design from Cognitive Science and other Research
- Role of cognitive science in understanding memory and learning
- Impact of the latest educational research on curriculum design
Planning your Department’s Curriculum Intent
- Understanding your local context
- Curriculum non-negotiables
- The role of the Subject leader in interpreting and moulding the non-negotiables in Science
- Increasing Science Cultural Capital to improve levels of engagement & the uptake of STEM subjects
This course is £150 per delegate. If booked with Challenging the most able pupils in Science, the cost is £250 per delegate for both courses or £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking onto both courses.
John Medlicott (@johnmedlicott) is the Director of JMC Education (www.jmcinset.com), having held a number of key academic and pastoral leadership roles in schools and colleges. John still teaches in an Ofsted Outstanding School and has taught for over 20 years. As a teacher trainer & school improvement consultant he works with schools across the UK and internationally. He is regularly graded as “outstanding” by delegates on their evaluation forms. John has spoken recently on challenge and differentiation at a National Conference for Deputy Head teachers and is a regular Keynote speaker and workshop provider in School Leadership and Teaching and Learning.
Cost: £150 per delegate. If booked with 'Challenging the most able pupils in Science' the cost is £250 per delegate for both courses, or £299 for 2 teachers from the same school booking onto both courses.
The information below will be used solely to process your booking. You can see further information on our privacy statement here.